Unless you have replaced your lawn with gravel, with artificial grass, or some other grass alternative, there will come a time where you will need to mow your lawn and I recommend you use one of the best battery powered lawn mowers on this list.
Hours are spent each year maintaining traditional gas-powered lawnmowers and mowing lawns. You might have put off mowing your yard until it came to the point where it absolutely had to be done.
Why do we mow lawns though? The answer goes beyond simple aesthetics.
Yeah, it is nice to be able to walk around the yard and see where we are going, one answer is proper mowing contributes to the health of the grass.
When the grass strands grow tall, they have to compete even more for water and nutrients. Keeping grass short means less competition and there is enough water and nutrients to go around.
Why battery-powered lawnmowers though? One thing right off the bat is that battery-powered lawnmowers don’t have everyone’s nemesis, the pull cord.
Some other reasons why battery-powered lawnmowers are becoming more popular is that they are lightweight, easy to maneuver, and far quieter than their gas-powered counterparts. The only thing better would be a solar-powered lawnmower.
Let’s take a look below at some of the best battery-powered lawnmowers out there today for an easier mowing experience.
Some of the links on this page will be affiliate links that take you over to Amazon (paid link), as an Amazon Associate this site earns from qualifying purchases.
Powerful, compact, and mulches.
There are so many things to love about the WORX WG779.
The average gas-powered lawnmower weighs 75 to 100 pounds, making them bulky and hard to maneuver. The WG779 only weighs 35 pounds and is compact, making it easy to carry, maneuver, and store after each use.
There is a 2-in-1 design where the mower mulches, bags, and discharges to the rear bag.
The mower takes two 20-volt batteries and the Intellicut technology provides additional torque as well as the ability to conserve battery power on demand. That’s great for you have a small patch of lawn left to get to and you are running low on battery power.
The handles of the mower are padded with foam for a comfortable grip, fatigue reduction, and reduced arm strain.
- There is an indicator on the grass bag that tells you when the grass bag is full. No more guessing, no more mowing and then having to stop when the bag becomes too full.
- There is also an oversized carry handle to dispose of the contents within the grass bag.
- Lightweight and compact, making it easier to store and maneuver.
The Sun Joe MJ401C-PRO is perfect for people who have medium to small lawns.
The durable steel blade cuts a precise 14-inch path with ease. Easy to start, all you have to do insert the key, press the safety switch, squeeze the trigger and you are on your way to having the best lawn mowing experience ever.
The 28-volt rechargeable lithium-ion battery can mow up to a quarter-acre before needing recharging.
The cutting height can be adjusted manually and there are three positions to choose from, letting you choose from short grass to having grass that is just a little taller. This Pro version comes with a rear discharge chute, easily removing grass from underneath the mower to prevent clogging.
The grass catcher holds up to 10.6 gallons worth of grass and makes for easy disposal.
- Can mow up to a quarter acre with each battery charge.
- No pull cords to deal with, simply insert the key, press the safety switch, squeeze the trigger and off you go. Just don’t lose the key between mowings.
- Storing and charging the lawnmower, as well as recharging every six months, will extend the battery life.
Get ready to have one of the coolest looking, efficient, and most environmentally friendly lawnmowers on the block. You’re going to want to sit down for this one.
The BEMW472ES is incredibly easy to start, all you have to do is press a button.
That’s it. Just press a button and you are ready to go.
You can choose from six grass cutting lengths, from 1 inch to 3 inches. If you want the 1/3 of the backyard to be 1 inch, another 1/3 of the yard to be 2 inches tall, and the last 1/3 to be 3 inches, you can do that.
The lawnmower blade is winged shaped, increasing clipping collection by 30% and is designed to charge through taller grass with its rugged wheel treads.
The control handle pivots and makes it easier to turn the mower. It pivots!
- The blade of the mower is designed for better grass collection.
- There are six cutting height adjustments to choose from.
- Very easy to start, all that is needed is a press of a button.
- The control handle of the mower pivots, which makes turning the lawnmower far easier.
Say hello to your new favorite lawnmower where there are no fumes, no noise, and no need for maintenance, except for charging.
This Greenworks mower comes with a battery and a charger so you don’t need to spend extra time and money searching for a compatible battery and charger. There a height adjustment feature where you can choose from five cutting positions. These positions range from 1 ¼ inch to 3 3/8 inches for your preferred lawn length.
The handle folds down when not in use, making it far easier to store and the battery has 60 minutes of run time, making it easy to mow the whole lawn. The large wheels make maneuvering the lawnmower easy and more efficient.
Not only does it feature rear bagging to make grass disposal easy, but it also has a mulching capability.
- 60 run-time per charge. This makes it easy to mow the whole yard and not have to worry about running out of power.
- 5 height adjustments to choose from for the perfect cut.
- The handle folds down, making it easy to store.
How about a lawnmower that delivers the perfect cut with increased motor performance, battery efficiency with little noise and no need for gas, oil, or tune-ups, and is designed with comfort and ergonomics in mind?
That isn’t a dream that is too good to be true, that is the reality battery-powered lawnmowers.
This compact battery-powered lawnmower is ideal for those who have small to medium lawns and it is Energy Star certified.
The handle of the Sun Joe iON16LM is ergonomically designed for comfort. Speaking of comfort, the lawnmower starts with a touch of a button so you don’t have to tire your arm out with a pull cord in a futile attempt to engage the mower.
The all-terrain wheels make it even easier to maneuver the mower, especially in tight spaces. To dispose of the grass clippings, the 9.25-gallon grass bag is easily detachable.
- No carbon emissions, gas, oil, tune-ups, or pull cords to deal with.
- Choose from six different cutting heights.
- The battery lasts for 40 minutes of run time.
- Full 2-year warranty.
The power share technology includes two removable batteries, each providing 20 volts of power for a combined 40 volts of power that cuts up to 1/8 of an acre per charge. It also comes with a dual-port charger to charge both batteries at once.
The IntelliCut technology provides the ability to conserve battery when needed but also has the ability to provide additional torque if you need help cutting through thick weeds or tall grass.
Speaking of grass, the grass bag itself has an indicator alerting you to when it is full.
No more guessing when to stop and dispose of grass clippings.
Or mowing until you have problems caused by an overstuffed grass bag. Not only that, but you also have the option to mulch and discharge if you don’t want to dispose of the clippings.
- The mowing blade is 17 inches.
- Due to IntelliCut technology, you can conserve battery power as needed.
- The grass bag has a large handle for easy disposal and also has an indicator alerting you when it is full.
- The mower will cut up to 1/8 of an acre on one charge.
How would you like to be able to mow at night?
Not talking about mowing at midnight, but in the early spring, late fall months where the sun goes down early and you didn’t get around to mowing during the daylight hours. With the Scotts 60040S, you can as it comes equipped with LED headlights to allow you to mow your lawn no matter what time of day it is.
There is also a helpful battery level indicator located on the control panel.
The mower has a 19-inch cutting width, a side discharge, a mulching capability, and a rear bagging system with a 16 gallon capacity for grass clippings.
The steel handle can not only be adjusted for any height, but it also folds for convenient storage. The two-speed brushless motor can be adjusted for increased efficiency and runtime.
- LED lighting so you can mow even in the dark.
- The adjustable handles also fold, making the mower easy to store.
- 40-volt lithium-ion battery and fast charger included.
- Battery level indicator so you never have to guess how much power you have left.
Have you ever wanted a lawnmower that had the performance of a gas-powered lawnmower but didn’t want to have to deal with the gas?
This Greenworks lawnmower with the DigiPro brushless motor brings the high efficiency of a gas-powered lawnmower and combines it with the longer motor life and cleanliness of a battery-powered lawnmower.
There are seven cutting heights to choose from, ranging from 1.25 inches to 3.5 inches and comes with a replacement blade.
This GreenWorks mower has a side discharge, mulching, and rear bagging capability.
To adjust to different operator heights, the handle can easily be adjusted. When finished, the handles collapse to allow for easy storage. Another helpful feature is that you can easily switch from mowing to pruning and trimming with the same battery platform, making it ideal for small to medium yards.
- Includes a lithium-ion battery and a charger, as well as a replacement model 29373 cutting blade.
- You can adjust cutting height anywhere from 1.25 inches to 3.5 inches.
- It can switch between mowing, pruning, and trimming.
- Adjustable and collapsible handles.
If you have ever wanted to purchase a battery-powered lawnmower that was so easy to assemble that it didn’t require any tools, the Earthwise 60420 is the lawnmower for you.
Not only can you easily adjust the cutting height anywhere from 1.5 to 4 inches, but it also cuts a 20-inch path to ensure you can get the job done fast. The wheels of the lawnmower offer maneuverability, better balance to give you a neatly cut lawn.
The ergonomic handle comes with a cushion grip, which also makes the zone starting feature easier to maintain. With a zone start lawnmower, the engine and blades shut off when the handle is released. However, the mower can easily be restarted with a press of a button.
Speaking of the handle, it easily folds for more compact storage ability. Instead of guessing as to how much charge is left on the battery, there is an LED battery monitor to let you know how much battery power is available.
- Adjustable cutting height from 1.5 to 4 inches.
- Large wheels for maneuverability and balance.
- Easy to assemble with no tools required.
- LED battery monitor.
Other than a long battery run time, one of the features that make the GreenWorks 25302 lawnmower one of the best battery-powered lawnmowers are the dual blades.
With the dual blades, not only do you get a better quality cut, but it takes less time to mow your yard and you don’t want to take the time to go over spots that weren’t cut to the desired length.
With five cutting heights, ranging from 1.75 inches to 3.375 inches, and the superior mulching and bagging capabilities, this is one lawnmower you’ll definitely want. The front wheels are 7 inches and the rear wheels are 10 inches, which assist with maneuverability, balance, and cutting capability.
It comes with a user manual to assist with assembly and for any troubleshooting issues you may have. The SmartCut technology adjusts the battery output for either power or run-time determined by the thickness of the grass.
- The wheels provide for better maneuverability and control.
- Dual blades for a better quality cut, along with superior mulching and bagging capabilities.
- The 40-volt battery lasts up to 70 minutes and is perfect for yards up to 1/3 of an acre.
- There is a backup battery for longer run time.
The EGO Power+ has been described as one of the most and best battery-powered lawnmowers on the market today. There is a cut capacity of 20 inches, ensuring that you cut more grass in less time since you would be making fewer passes.
The 600W high-torque, magnetic motor gives you the power to get the job done without having to worry about the loss of power to the blades or downtime trying to sort out power issues.
Another bonus is that this mower makes 30% less noise than regular gas-powered lawnmowers do.
For convenience, there are LED headlights so you can mow any time, from the early morning hours, the late evening hours, or during the times of the year when the sun goes down sooner.
The lawnmower’s weather-resistant construction ensures that it lasts longer and the compact, easy folding design makes cleaning and storage a breeze. If the type chosen comes in a kit, there is a 56-volt battery available, which comes with a rapid charger and a 3-year battery warranty.
- Cutting capacity is 20 inches so you cut more grass in less time.
- 30% less noise than gas-powered lawnmowers.
- LED headlightsWeather-resistant construction.
- Easy to clean to ensure the longevity of the lawnmower.
- Easy to fold before storing.
- Maneuverable, balanced, easy to control, and durable.
Get right up there with the Black & Decker CM2043C.
Thanks to the EdgeMax design you can spend less time with your trimmer as you can now mow right up to the edges.
The grass right next to the house?
The grass seeking shelter by the fence on the border of the property?
The grass cozying up to the shared boundary with the garden?
It used to be that once you were finished mowing the grass and put the lawnmower away that you had to go right back out there with a trimmer to finish the job. Not anymore.Not only does the lawnmower come with one 40-volt lithium-ion battery, but it comes with a second 40-volt lithium-ion battery for twice the run time.
Not only that, but you can choose between mulching, discharging, or bagging the grass clippings and choose between cutting heights of 1.5 to 4 inches while cutting a 20-inch swatch across your lawn.
You spend less time mowing and once you are done, you can fold the handle for easy storage.
- Mows up to ¼ of an acre
- Two 40-volt lithium-ion batteries for twice the run time
- A highly versatile mower with mulching, discharging, and bagging capability
- 3 year limited warranty
- Can mow right up to the edge of houses, gardens, or fences. No need to go back to the shed or garage for a trimmer.
Dashing through the grass with your WORX WG751, this 19-inch mower will make mowing the lawn fun, easy, and fast. Instead of the chore that your kids avoid, it will be the fast, easy chore that they like better than the others.
Mowing the lawn will become your favorite chore too.
Not only do the two 20-volt batteries offer the power and performance found in gas-powered mowers, but you can choose between conserving battery power and more power when you need it.
Adjusting the cutting height is easy, all you have to do is move a single lever and you can choose between a cut height range of 1.5 inches to 3.5 inches.
When it comes to taking care of grass clippings, you can either discharge the clippings through the side, mulch them, or bag them for later disposal. The grass bag has an indicator to alert you when it has reached maximum capacity and has an oversized handle for easy carrying.
- The lawnmower comes with 2 20-volt batteries and a battery charger.
- You can switch between conserving battery power and more performance when encountering weeds and tall grass.
- Grass bag has an indicator for when it has reached maximum capacity.
- Cutting height is easy to adjust with a single lever.
When it comes to a list of the best battery-powered lawnmowers, the Oregon LM400 doesn’t trail far behind. With the dual battery feature, there is no need to stop working to recharge your battery the second one is already in the lawnmower fully charged and ready to use.
As for battery life, two 2.6aH batteries can mow up to 4,600 square feet, two 4.0 aH batteries can handle up to 7,000 square feet, and two 6.0aH batteries can handle up to 10,000 square feet. Combining the batteries with the high performance and efficiency of the brushless motor means that you will have enough time to do the job right.
There are three options for taking care of the grass. You can either choose mulching, side discharge, or you can choose the 15.9-gallon debris bag option.
On the topic of grass clippings, the lawnmower has the option for six cutting heights for you to choose from and the 20-inch cutting swath means you’ll make fewer passes.
- The LM400 can be folded and stored in an upright position. This comes in handy for when you have limited storage space.
- Zero emissions and less noise.Durable, efficient, versatile, and maneuverable.
- Efficient high-performance brushless motor.
When it comes to the Greenworks 2501202 Pro, you never have to stop cutting. Get the job done in record time with 60 minutes of run time on an 80-volt battery that charges within an hour.
The 40-volt battery charges in 30 minutes.
With the durable steel deck, this mower can handle bumping into things and the 21-inch cutting swath helps get the job done fast.
The large 10-inch rear wheels provide for excellent maneuverability and control while the brushless motor, which has the power and performance of a 160cc gas engine, offers more torque and less wear and tear to prolong the life of the mower.
The cutting heights range from 1 3/8 of an inch to 3 ¼ of an inch so you can maintain the lawn of your dreams. Whether you decide to discharge, bag, or mulch the grass, it is always easy to switch between those three options.
The Greenworks 2501202 Pro is lightweight, easy to use, and provides great value for your money.
- Durable and designed for heavy-duty jobsWheels allow for excellent maneuverability, control, and efficiency.
- The performance capability of the engine allows for less wear and tear to prolong the life of the mower.
- You can change cutting heights with a simple lever.
On the list of the best battery powered lawnmowers, it is easy to see why the Craftsman V60 is one of the favorites.
The 60-volt motor is powered by a lithium-ion with enough charge to mow a property with 1/3 acre of grass, with a 21-inch cutting swatch to speed up the job more efficiently.
You never have to worry about not knowing if the battery will run out of power in the middle of a job as the on-board LED indicator always lets you know how much of a charge the battery has left.
The mower is crafted from steel for premium durability, ensuring it will last no matter how many times you accidentally bump or scrape it against something.
When it comes to cutting grass, there is a simple lever for adjusting the blade height and you can choose anywhere from 1.5 inches to 4 inches and you can take care of the clippings by bagging, mulching, or discharging through the side.
The mower comes with a battery and charger so you don’t have to spend extra time and money tracking down a battery and charger.
- It comes with a 4-year limited warranty and a 90-day money-back guarantee.
- Durable, efficient, maneuverable, and easy to store.
- The LED indicator shows the charge of the battery.
The Sun Joe iOn100V-21LM-CT is the lawnmower you have been waiting for all your life and you didn’t even know it. The mower features a 1000-watt brushless motor that not only increases efficiency, but also extends the life of the motor, maximizes performance, and decreases noise vibration.
The 100-volt lithium-ion battery holds a charge for 90 minutes and delivers a powerful performance that doesn’t fade.
The adjustable deck has seven cutting positions accessible by an adjustment lever. You can choose from 1.2” 1.57”, 1.97”, 2.36”, 2.76”, 3.35”, and 3.75”.
Oh, and this revolutionary mower is self-propelled. This saves energy on your end as you don’t have to put as much effort into pushing the mower around the yard and you can get the job done faster. Speaking of faster, you can choose how fast or slow you want to go with the handy integrated speed dial.
To dispose of grass clippings, you can choose from the 13.2-gallon collection bag, or use the discharge chute to return the clippings to the lawn.
- Lightweight at only 61.7 pounds without the battery.
- Zero carbon emissions and less noise.
- Features a telescopic, collapsible handle for easier storage.
- Complete 2-year warranty.
You are guaranteed to have a smile on your face when it comes to the Snapper XD.
The 82-volt lithium-ion battery provides up to 45 minutes of mowing time so you can quickly mow your lawn and get back to the other things you want to do.
Another interesting thing to note about the batteries is that the amount of power adjusts to meet the demands of the cutting blades. If they don’t need much power to cut grass, then it saves power. If you are cutting through tall, dense grass then more power is directed to the 21-inch steel mowing deck.
There are seven cutting heights to choose from, giving you the choice between short grass or somewhat taller grass.
The Snapper XD has a 21-inch steel mowing deck to get the job done fast and you can choose between discharging, mulching, or into a grass bagger big enough to fit 2.1 cubic feet of grass clippings.
The mower starts with a simple button push and it is self-propelled with variable speed control. When finished with the mower, you can choose to store it vertically to save space in your garage or shed.
- 10-inch wheels make the mower maneuverable and easy to control.
- Vertical storage capability allows you to store your mower in smaller areas.
- Self-propelled with variable speed control.
Does your gas-powered lawnmower leave you screaming with frustration and a sore, tired arm after attempting to start it with a pull cord for the tenth time in a row? Tired of dealing with fumes and having to spend time and money on maintenance?
If so, then it is time to shun gas-powered mowers and turn your attention to the Powersmith PLM1402H. The brushless motor and 40-volt battery delivers up to 40 minutes of run time for yards up to half an acre.
It is simple to start, all you do is press a button and you are ready to go. No need for maintenance either.
Once you have started the mower, all it takes is a push of a lever to choose from six cutting height positions ranging from 2 3/8” to 4 1/8” and the durable 21” steel blades will make quick work of the grass, either bagging, mulching, or discharging depending on which option you choose.
The LED headlights let you cut grass even on the darkest days, early morning hours, or even in the evening.
- Folding handle, front grasp handle, and upright standing design make it easy to store after each use.
- LED headlights let you cut grass no matter the time of day.
- Can mow up to half an acre.
If you are looking for one of the best battery powered lawnmowers that are rust-resistant, easy to start, and can handle yards up to ¼ of an acre then the Remington RM4060 is the one for you.
Its 40-volt lithium-ion battery comes with a charger to last up to 40 minutes and can handle uneven terrain that stymies most gas-powered mowers.
From empty, the battery reaches a full charge in 166 minutes.
Starting the mower is simple, all you do is press the push start button and you can get right to work.
There is a dual-lever for adjusting the cutting height up to six positions and you can either mulch, bag, or discharge the clippings. The front wheels are 7 inches and the rear wheels are 11 inches, giving you the ability to maneuver tough and uneven terrain easily and reliably.
- The mower includes a 3-year limited warrantyReliable, maneuverable, durable, and easy to use.
- Has battery power to handle large lawns and recharges quickly.
- A push-button makes it easy to start, no pull cords to tire your arm.
- Six different cutting heights to choose from.
There is nothing egotistical about this EGO, it knows it is worthy of being on the list of best battery-powered lawnmowers.
If you are looking for a battery-powered mower that doesn’t have the fumes and the noise of a gas-powered mower, but want the performance and high-torque, then the EGO 56-volt cordless self-propelled lawnmower is what your lawn needs.
The EGO 56-volt is durable, long-lasting, charges rapidly and is able to withstand nearly every weather condition due to its weather-resistant construction.
With the 21-inch deck size, the mower can handle even the most stubborn lawn with a choice from a range of six cutting heights. These cutting heights are chosen by a simple lever. To start, all you need to do a push a button and mowing in the dark isn’t a problem with the LED headlights.
- Comes with a 5-year limited warranty.
- Mower has a 60-minute battery life and charges back up in 60 minutes.
- Folding ability makes it easy to store and save on limited garage or shed space.
- You have a choice of bagging, mulching, or side discharge. It comes with an 18.6-gallon bag to collect grass clippings.
With battery-powered lawns being the eco-friendly alternative to gas-powered lawnmowers, it is surprising that not everyone has switched over already.
The Scotts 62162S is a great choice for gas-like performance without the hassle of gas-powered lawnmowers.
Powered by a 62-volt lithium-ion battery, this two-speed brushless motor offers increased efficiency, a great run-time, and gas-like power. The 21-inch cutting width under the durable steel deck means that your lawn will be done in no time flat.
There is an easy cutting height lever to adjust the height of the cut, anywhere from 1.5 inches to 3.75 inches. You also have a choice of side discharge, mulching or using the rear-bagging system with a 16-gallon grass bag.
Once you are done mowing the lawn faster than you have ever had before, the adjustable folding handle makes it easy to store vertically in the shed or garage, saving you room.
- It doesn’t require, gas, oil, or maintenance that gas-powered lawnmowers do.
- The lawnmower has a 5-year warranty while the battery has a 3-year warranty.
- The lawnmower is easy to start with a simple push of a button.
- Easy to store with an adjustable folding handle.
When it comes to replacing your old gas-powered lawnmower with a battery-powered lawnmower from this list of best battery-powered lawnmowers, you might want to try the POWERWORKS MO60L512PW.
One trip around the yard and you will want to keep it forever. It features a 60-volt brushless motor and doesn’t require gas, oil, or the maintenance of a gas-powered lawnmower.
Brushless motors have a longer lifespan, are highly efficient, low-maintenance, and have a longer lifespan.
To start this self-propelled lawnmower, all you need to do is press a button. No pull cords to deal with at all.
The 21-inch cutting deck means that you can make fewer passes in the yard, saving both time and more energy. There are seven cutting heights to choose, giving your lawn a perfect cut each time. You can choose to discharge or mulch the grass clippings, or even send them to the rear bag.
- The 60-volt lithium-ion battery has 45 minutes of run-time and can mow of an acre.
- For convenience, the POWERWORKS MO60L512PW has a vertical storage capability to take up 70% less space. Why haven’t you bought one yet?
- Durable, efficient, and easy to use.
- The lawnmower has a 4-year warranty and the battery has a 2-year warranty.