Pomegranates are one of the healthiest fruits available anywhere on the planet, I love the taste of them and they do always taste better when you have picked them off your own tree.
I am going to list 9 pomegranate tree varieties for sale online below that I have sourced so you can choose which variety you want to grow.
For my pomegranate growing guide Click Here.
Table Of Contents
The Utah sweet pomegranate tree is one of the sweetest varieties of pomegranate you will find anywhere.
This is a self-pollinating variety which means you only need 1 tree and it will pollinate itself and produce fruit, although, if you do have two trees for cross-pollination it will more than likely produce more plentiful fruit.
This tree can grow to 20 or 30 feet tall if left alone so you may want to prune it regularly to keep it the size you prefer.
The flowers that this tree will produce will be a pinky-orange color which makes this tree look completely awesome when flowers are blooming.
- This pomegranate tree is well packaged so that it will arrive in good condition via mail order.
- These trees are grown in ideal conditions so you will receive a healthy tree.
- This tree will be ok to plant late in the season if you live in the south but if you do this you shouldn’t expect any pomegranates until the following year.
- If you love sweet pomegranates then this is the variety of pomegranate for you.
Wonderful Punica Granatum Pomegranate Tree
The tree that you receive will be a seedling which if left to his own devices will grow to between 15 and 20 feet tall.
You can prune this tree to keep it a lot smaller which will enable you to grow it in a pot and move it indoors for the winter if you live in a cooler climate.
The fruits on this tree will grow on older growth so you do have to be careful when you’re pruning it as if you cut off all the old growth then no fruits will grow on your tree.
- This pomegranate tree will arrive in secure packaging that is designed to ensure you have a tree in good condition via the post.
- This is a beautiful pomegranate tree that is a joy to see growing never mind the delicious pomegranates that it will produce.
- Pomegranates do have wonderful health benefits as well as being downright tasty.
- This tree with flowers and pomegranates growing on it will make any yard look better.
Russian Pomegranate Tree
The Russian pomegranate tree will produce a sweet variety of pomegranate and this tree will grow up to 10 Feet Tall and 10 feet wide if you leave it to grow naturally, however, most people do prune it into the shape and size that is optimal for them.
This tree is self fruiting which means you only need one tree and it will pollinate itself and produce pomegranates.
The Russian pomegranate tree is one of the hardiest varieties available and it is equally tolerant to hot conditions as it is too cold conditions and it will not get damaged and temperatures down to around 5 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The tree you receive should be a decent size and well worth the money.
- This tree will be expertly packaged so that it arrives via the mail in good condition.
- This pomegranate tree will tolerate a wide range of different climates and is an ideal tree to grow if you live in the state of Idaho.
- This tree will arrive with clear instructions included which will improve the chances of you growing a healthy fruit-bearing pomegranate tree.
Dwarf Pomegranate Tree
When you look after and grow this dwarf pomegranate tree it will only grow to 3 feet in height which make it ideal for growing in a pot or even for growing it indoors.
This tree will grow orange/ red flowers that make it quite a stunningly beautiful tree.
If you’re looking for a dwarf pomegranate that is so small it can be kept bonsai and actually produce fruit then this would definitely be a good choice for you.
- You should expect this bonsai pomegranate tree to be pretty small when it arrives and it should still be pretty small when it is fully grown as it is a bonsai.tree.
- This tree will be expertly packaged so that it will arrive in good condition via the post.
- When this tree arrives you should give it a good water then you should expect to see fresh growth in about a month depending on the season.
- This bonsai pomegranate makes an excellent houseplant and it is a joy to have pomegranates growing on an indoor tree.
Dwarf Pomegranate Bonsai Tree
Due to the small size of this tree, it is perfectly suited to growing in a container and it is also a good choice for growing indoors as it doesn’t even need full sun.
When you receive this tree it will be a seedling and the pot it is Shipped in is only 3 inches and size, personally, I do prefer growing seedlings as I get more satisfaction when they actually produce fruit.
- This pomegranate tree is suitable to grow in your yard or equally good as a houseplant.
- This pomegranate tree will produce beautiful red flowers and it is possible to grow it as a fruit-producing houseplant.
- If you plant this tree and give it a good water you should see new growth starting to happen within a month.
- A well-packaged pomegranate tree so that it will arrive in good condition and be easy to turn into a thriving tree.
This Russian Turk Salavatski pomegranate tree will produce some of the largest red pomegranates you will find anywhere when the tree becomes mature enough.
You will receive a small sibling that is between 18-30 inches tall and it will come in a 1-gallon pot and you will normally have to wait 2 or 3 years for it to become mature enough to produce fruit.
This tree will grow to between 5 and 10 meters tall when it is fully grown, it is also possible to keep it in a pot or container indoors if you prune it down to a smaller size on a regular basis.
- When you receive a tree the leaves may fall off if it suffers from shock but if you plant it and give it the proper care it should recover.
- If you order this tree during the winter then it will be during its dormant phase so it will look like a twig and this is completely normal.
- This is a pretty cold-hardy variety of pomegranate tree but you may want to move it indoors during the winter while it is still a young seedling to help it turn into a thriving tree.
- You may not get any pomegranates the first year you plant this tree as it needs time to settle but after the first year you should get a harvest.
Wonderful Pomegranate Tree
The wonderful pomegranate tree is a very hardy variety of pomegranate and it is most often grown as a bush rather than a tree and you can simply prune it into whatever shape you prefer.
This is a self-fertile variety which means you only need one tree and it will pollinate itself.
This pomegranate tree will grow in most types of soil and when you plant it in the ground it will take 3 or 4 years to become mature enough to produce fruits.
When you grow pomegranate trees you will not only have a beautiful tree but you’ll also experience the many health benefits that come from pomegranates.
- No need to worry about your tree getting damaged in the mail as this tree will be expertly packaged so that it arrives in good condition.
- If you look after your tree when you receive it you should notice fresh growth as soon as a month after you plant it depending on the season.
- The wonderful pomegranate tree has absolutely beautiful foliage and equally beautiful flowers and fruit that you will love.
- Give your tree a good water and feed of fertilizer when you plant it and it will turn into a healthy fruit-bearing pomegranate tree.
Superbly Sweet Pomegranate
Due to its smaller size, this would be an ideal pomegranate tree for growing in a container and you can even prune it smaller and grow it indoors.
This is quite a hardy variety of pomegranate and it can be grown in most types of soil although it does absolutely love the sun and the more sun you get it the more fruit it will produce but it will still do ok in partial shade.
- Not only is this a beautiful tree but the pomegranates it produces have wonderful health benefits.
- This pomegranate tree produces a superbly sweet-tasting pomegranate and some people say it is the best-tasting variety of pomegranate.
- The superbly sweet pomegranate tree is very easy to grow when you plant it in the ground and get it going.
- This pomegranate tree will not only produce sweet-tasting pomegranates but it will also look beautiful when it has flowers and fruit growing on it.
This parfianka pomegranate tree is native to Western Asia but it is becoming more and more popular for growing in America.
The best thing about this pomegranate tree is that you can grow it in practically any soil and if it’s looked after properly it can grow up to 200 years old.
This tree will produce beautiful red pomegranates that are the size of oranges and will taste much better than any pomegranate you will ever buy in the store.
This tree will grow up to 12 feet tall when it is fully mature but if you want to keep it shorter you can just prune the top of it to encourage growth to go sideways.
- You might want to grow this parfianka pomegranate tree in a pot so you can move it inside if you live somewhere that has cold winters.
- This tree is well packaged so you can have no worries about it arriving safely via the post.
- You can grow this tree outdoors in places that have a mild winter but if you live somewhere that gets frost you should plant it in a pot so you can move it.
- Give this tree a good drink of water when it arrives and it will grow into a thriving pomegranate tree.