If you want to grow a fruit tree a lemon tree is an excellent choice it is relatively simple to grow and when it flowers and fruits it will give off a lovely fragrant citrus smell.
The Dwarf Meyer lemon tree is probably the most popular choice for growing and everyone knows about it but there are many other varieties of lemon that you can grow.
This is why I have made this page of lemon tree varieties for sale online so that people can find and choose from the diverse range of lemon tree varieties that are available for growing.
Some lemon trees are more of a challenge to grow and some are pretty rare to find and they all taste slightly different when you eat them so why not grow a whole bunch of different varieties of lemon trees!
I have sourced 5 varieties of live lemon trees for sale online and 4 varieties of rare lemon tree seeds so read on and check them out!
For a lemon tree growing guide click here.
Some of the links on this page will be affiliate links that take you over to Amazon (paid link), as an Amazon Associate this site earns from qualifying purchases.
Live Lemon Trees For Sale
Improved Dwarf Meyer Lemon Tree
These lemon trees are between 3 and 4 feet tall and you should be aware when it arrives it may be a bit dried out but it will recover after you give it a good drink of water.
If you have any problems with this tree like maybe it doesn’t recover after you water it you can request a refund within 30 days of delivery.
Meyer lemons are not sold commercially so if you want to taste these deliciously sweet lemons you will have to grow your own.
You should be aware of when you buy this tree that the larger it is the quicker it will produce fruit as lemon trees can take 2-3 years to become mature enough to actually bear fruit.
- If you order this tree during the dormant season it will look like a twig but when you plant it and give it a feed of water it will recover and thrive.
- An ideal lemon tree for growing inside in front of a window as a houseplant.
- This lemon tree may even produce lemons the first year you have it and also every year after that.
Giant Ponderosa Lemon Tree
This lemon tree is easy to grow and you can draw it outdoors or indoors if you get it enough light and when you do manage to get it enough light it will grow giant lemons all year long.
This lemon tree looks beautiful when it produces its purple-tinged flowers that give off the beautiful citrus lemon smell.
If you want an easy to grow an evergreen lemon tree that produces lemons the size of grapefruits this is the choice for you.
- It will not fail to amaze you how big Giant Ponderosa lemons will grow too.
- Large lemons mean a large amount of lemonade can be produced from every harvest.
- This lemon tree can produce lemons even if you don’t use fertilizer but if you use a fertilizer it will produce even more and larger lemons.
- The ponderosa lemon tree produced a wonderful citrus lemon fragrance that is a joy to experience.
Pink-fleshed Eureka Lemon
If you do really want to draw a Eureka lemon in a container it is possible you will just have to severely prune it every year.
It is possible to grow this lemon tree somewhere that only gets 4 hours sunlight but it will do best if you get it more like 8 hours sunlight and it will truly thrive and produce lots of lemons.
- It might not look the best when you receive it in the post but when you plant it and give it a good water it will start to grow and turn into a thriving lemon tree.
- The Eureka lemon tree is a good tree for beginners even if you have a low light situation you should be able to make it thrive and produce lemons.
- The Eureka lemon tree is better suited as an outdoor lemon tree as it can grow into a big tree.
- When you successfully grow this lemon tree it should produce lots of lemons every year.
This unique variegated pink lemon tree is a relatively rare kind of lemon tree.
When the fruit is growing on this tree the color of it will appear like green and yellow stripes or patches and when you harvest these diamonds and cut them open they will have a beautiful pink flesh inside.
Although the flesh of these lemons is pink they still taste like a standard bitter lemon and if you squeeze them the juice that comes out from them will be clear the same as normal lemons.
The variegated pink lemon tree does not produce a massive amount of lemons but lots of people say it is the best-looking lemon tree, so this tree is more for decoration and less for mass production of lemons.
- This lemon tree comes well packaged so it should arrive in perfect condition.
- If you live somewhere that gets frost you may want to plant this lemon tree in a pot so you can move it indoors during the cold winter months.
- This lemon tree can thrive either by planting it in the ground or by planting it in a pot.
- Growing a lemon tree that produces lemons that are pink on the inside makes it much more enjoyable to grow as there is an added excitement when you are growing rare lemons.
Lisbon lemons are your standard lemons if you have bought a lemon from a store recently chances are it was a Lisbon lemon.
The reason these lemons are the variety stores want is that they taste like standard bitter lemons and they have the most juice in them which makes them ideal for squeezing to make lemonade.
Lisbon lemons are probably the easiest lemons to grow as they are cold resistant and are perfectly suited to both growing in your garden or putting it on a sunny windowsill.
If its standard lemons you want to grow and not some fancy variety that doesn’t taste like lemon this is the choice for you as its a lemon that tastes exactly like lemon.
- When you grow a Lisbon lemon tree there is a chance that it will produce lemons the first year you plant it.
- Lisbon lemons are the lemons you can buy in stores so you will be growing lemons that taste exactly like a store-bought lemon.
- You may want to plant this lemon tree in a pot so you can move it indoors if you live somewhere that gets frosty weather.
- You can be equally successful whether you choose to grow this lemon tree in the ground or in a pot just avoid the frost.
Lemon Tree Seeds For Sale
There are not that many varieties of lemon tree available if you want to buy a young tree so for variety I am listing 4 rare types of lemon seeds for sale so you can grow a rare lemon tree variety for yourself.
Red Dwarf Lemon Seeds
They still taste like lemons it’s just that the skin and inside flesh are red colored.
Included in this pack you will receive 20 lemon seeds that are GMO-free and completely organic.
This red lemon tree is cold tolerant so can be grown in most climates although I would not recommend keeping it outside in frosty weather if you live somewhere that gets frost you should plant it in a pot and move it inside during the winter.
The Sambokan Lemon is a rare variety of lemon and that is why I have sourced these seeds to give you a chance to grow some lemons that are difficult to find anywhere else.
These lemons are probably the sweetest lemons you can find anywhere and you can actually eat them just like you would eat an orange.
These lemon seeds will grow into an evergreen lemon tree that is actually really bushy so it would be possible to prune it and keep it as a small bush.
These lemons are pretty tolerant of cooler weather so you don’t have to live in a tropical climate to successfully grow them.
Rare Rainbow Lemon Seeds
Yes, these are real lemons and you can eat them!
These seeds grow into a small lemon tree that can easily be trained and pruned to keep it bonsai.
These seeds will grow into a lemon tree that produces colorful lemons wouldn’t you love a tree that produces yellow, orange, blue, green, purple and red lemons that all taste just like a standard lemon.
When you grow one of these lemon trees everyone will be completely amazed that you have a multicolored lemon tree, most people probably won’t know what it is or believe that it is lemons you are growing, give these seeds a try!
The Sfusato Amalfitano lemon tree is a rare variety of lemon that comes from the Amalfi Coast in Italy.
Sfusato Amalfitano lemons are longer than most other lemons and also grow to double the size of the lemons produced by most other lemon trees.
When you order these seeds you will receive a pack of 10 seeds that are easy to grow and can be grown in almost all weather conditions just keep your tree out of frost and it will grow healthy.
There is nothing better than eating Italian food with lemons that are actually of Italian origin.